Monday, January 02, 2006

Eilan's Crispy Potato Chicken

So, I was a total, shameless brat in the Hizzy earlier & it looks like I guilted poor Eilan into sending this recipe. I am sorry for my behavior, but not for getting this recipe! Proving that she's a woman after my own heart, Eilan writes: "I would use more cheese, but I always use more cheese. Also, you can combine the potatoes with the other stuff and roll the egg-coated chicken in all of it at once."
  • 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut up and skin removed
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C). In a large zip-lock style plastic bag, combine first five ingredients. Add chicken in batches; shake to coat. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with potato flakes. Pour butter into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; add chicken. Bake for 30 minutes; turn chicken and bake for another 30 minutes or until juices run clear.

Serves 4 to 6.

No comments: