Saturday, August 11, 2007

BritoMom's Blue Cheese Ball

So, when I moved into my first place post-grad school & finally had a decent kitchen again, my mom gave me a recipe box filled with my favorite recipes of hers. While searching for the white lasagna, I decided there were a couple more I had to share. This is a classic Britofamily appetizer, used for anything from football weekends to cocktail parties to just being in the mood.
  • 12 oz cream cheese
  • 2 oz blue cheese (Maytag or val & my favorite new blue: Hook's Blue Paradise - paradise is an understatement)
  • ¼ tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tablespoon green pepper, very finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon pimento, diced
  • ½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
Let cheeses soften. Mix all ingredients together and shape into a ball. Roll ball in the chopped nuts.

No comments: