Sunday, July 15, 2007

Britomart's Miraculous Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie

Okay, so it was probably only miraculous to me in that it was one of the only things that kept me going while I was on that interminable puréed food diet. This was yummy enough that I'd make them for BritoDad, too. He said they tasted nothing like a smoothie & everything like something he'd get at Dairy Queen & feel guilty about.
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 generous tablespoons of peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's which is a lovely mix between natural peanut butter & the mainstream processed stuff.)
  • Couple generous scoops of vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 C soy milk (or normal milk)
  • 3 or 4 ice cubes
Optional healthfoody additions (utterly unnecessary, but awfully good for you)
  • 1 tbsp of Brewers Yeast
  • 1 tbsp of flax seed oil
Put all ingredients in a blender and puree the heck out of them until the ice cubes have been throughly defeated and pulverized.

No comments: