Monday, April 03, 2006

Eilan's concocted (appropriated/bastardized/whatever) recipe

Eilan wrote in the Hizzy: So I had some veggies in the house and needed to cook them. It's something that probably a lot of people have on hand (or should), so here's an easy dinner when you don't have a lot of time.

Cut some potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips (I didn't have these tonight), and whatever else into bite-sized(ish) pieces. Parboil them briefly in some salted water. Meanwhile, dice up a couple shallots and sautee them in some oil/butter/whatever (I used Ghee, since I had some). Put in the vegetables, and some chopped (canned or frozen) artichoke hearts. Sautee those for a couple minutes until soft(ish). I also put in some fresh rosemary, because what isn't improved by fresh rosemary? (I probably would have put in some other fresh herbs, but all I have is rosemary.) Then sprinkle with some (toasted) bread crumbs and enjoy!

No comments: