Thursday, October 13, 2005

WackieJackie's Moroccan Oven Roasted Sesame Potatoes

I made these with deekay's Moroccan chicken, and they went great.
  • 2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed (I used russets)
  • 1 Tbsp harissa (I didn't know what this was or have time to find it, so I left it out, but I've recently learned that it a Moroccan chili paste which sounds excellent. They were good without it, but I'm excited to find the harissa and try them again)
  • 2 Tbsps olive oil
  • 1.5 Tbsp coarse sea salt (I used more - maybe 2.5 Tbsp)
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (I used more - probably 3 Tbsp)
  • 1/2 a lemon
Preheat oven to 375F.

Peel the potatoes if you like, but as long as they are well scrubbed you can leave them on.

Cut potatoes into approximately 1" chunks.

Place chunks in a bowl, add harissa and toss until potatoes are evenly coated.

Add olive oil and toss again.

Sprinkle potatoes with salt and sesame seeds and toss again.

Spread foil on a large baking sheet and oil lightly.

Place seasoned potato chunks on the baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake potatoes at 375F for 30 minutes, then flip using a spatula and bake for 15 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and a deep golden color.

Squeeze lemon over potatoes and serve.

No comments: