Monday, November 07, 2005

bibliosylph's Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins

bibliosylph sent me two recipes today. She's my new favorite person! (Until the next recipe comes in. I'm a fickle beeyotch, amn't I?) Oh, and she also just taught me to be ashamed of my love for streusel topping. ;)
  • 1 2/3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or your favorite combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
  • 1/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup butter or shortening
  • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon flour
Combine first six ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine pumpkin and evaporated milk in another bowl. Cream shortening and sugar in large mixing bowl. Add egg: beat until mixture is fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beating well after each addition. Combine blueberries and flour. Gently stir into batter. Spoon batter into 18 prepared or lined cups of cupcake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. You can make jumbo ones, of course, if you have that kind of pan.

** some notes: I got this recipe from the internet, and only slightly changed it. I can't cite a source, because everyone has the same recipe and I can't tell where it originated. It called for streusel topping, which I left off, because I'm tres bored of streusel topping. It's so last century. And I changed the spice, as well.

No comments: