Monday, November 14, 2005

MisaGoddess' Pecan Tassies

So, last week I was on a business trip in Tucson & Misa and I got together in my hotel room to watch House. Not only did we have a blast, but she brought me home-baked goods! Which is a sweet thing to do for anyone, but for a business traveler, its value is equivalent to the Hope diamond.

It turns out that Misa is so talented as a baker that despite the fact that she must have cooked them with hate for me, these are insanely delicious! As is the zucchini bread recipe right under this one.

How did I get lucky enough to have an evil nemesis who bakes for me? I don't know if I'll ever know, but I'm certainly grateful.

Dough
  • ½ cup Butter
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup flour
Filling
  • 1 teaspoon butter, melted
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup chopped pecans
Dough: Mix butter and cream cheese well, then add flour and mix to a soft dough. Chill at least one hour. When dough is chilled, scoop and press the balls of dough (about one inch in diameter) into a mini-muffin cup pan. Press the dough down and up along the sides to the top.

Filling: Mix together nuts and other ingredients then spoon into the pastry bottoms so that tarts are about ¾ full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes.

This should make about 24 tarts.

No comments: