Monday, September 26, 2005

dandieandie's Banana Bread

I begged, she sent it to me. And she's also mean to mujer. We love dandieandie.
  • 1/2 cup soft butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla (although I'm a vanilla junkie, so I tend to add 1tablespoon)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (recipe says that's about 3-4 bananas, but I used 5 small ones last time...and when it says ripe, I mean two steps from the grave ripe, like almost black)
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 cups unsifted flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (which I never use, but some folks might like 'em)
  • cinnamon and nutmeg
In a large bowl cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine bananas and milk. Mix together flour, soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Stir in nuts and turn into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and turn out of pan and cool completely.

No comments: