Wednesday, September 21, 2005

valeriel’s Rosemary Potatoes

Borrowed from The Boss’ Wife (TBW)

This is easy, easy, easy to make. It is also cheap to make, even in
large batches. Great for potlucks because everyone loves potatoes!
  • 2 lbs. new potatoes (I’ve used all kinds with excellent results)
  • 2-3 T olive oil (ditto)
  • 2 T chopped rosemary (fresh is best)
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced

Put all ingredients in a bag an toss them, making sure they are well coated.

Put on a cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper. TBW prefers kosher salt. It’s all right to be quite liberal with the salt.

Bake at 425º for 30 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through. I like it when the potatoes are a little crisper, so I tend to cook mine for at least an hour, especially if I’m making a huge batch.

The key to this recipe is the rosemary and the garlic. Sometimes when I make it I use more rosemary, sometimes more garlic. The experimenting is most of the fun!

No comments: