Thursday, September 22, 2005

Britomart's Mexican Sweet Corn Pudding

I have this scrawled on a fairly stained & ancient recipe card, but am pretty sure I stole it from Epicurious. It's extremely simple and ridiculously delicious. Monkeys or deekays (with dry oven mitts) could make this without any injury. Technically a Mexican dish & great with Mexican entrees, but I'm a rebel & have served it with all sorts of things. Enjoy!
  • 4 C frozen corn
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 C whipping cream
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 6 TBSP sugar
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 2 TBSP flour
  • 2 TSP baking powder
  • 1 TSP salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter & thaw corn (I generally just put the corn in a bowl in the sink & fill it up a couple times with super-hot tap water). Mix all ingredients together; make sure it's well-stirred/combined, but nothing fancy. Dump into a greased pan (I generally use a generously-sized pie pan) and cook for 45 minutes.

No comments: