Monday, September 19, 2005

Meldraw's Pink Stuff

I am by no means a well-versed cook, but I do have a book of recipes that my mother gave me, each of which has sentimental value for my family. Growing up, my favorite dessert was dubbed simply, "Pink Stuff," and it is extremely easy to make.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (6 oz) pkg. strawberry or raspberry jello
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 (10 oz) pkg. frozen strawberries or raspberries
  • 1 angel food cake, broken into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 cups Cool Whip
Dissolve jello into boiling water. Add frozen fruit. Add a generous cup of Cool Whip to mixture and chill until partially set. Add the broken angel food cake and mix until all of the cake is moistened. Fill large mold and chill. After unmolding pink stuff, top with remaining Cool Whip.

Easy, right? Easy and delicious!

No comments: