Thursday, October 27, 2005

blue artemis' Roasted Mujer Head

This recipe refers to a specific mujer, she of the Hizzy & its ToE. The Hizzy recipe blog in no way condones the roasting of womens heads in general. Just our mujer's. Oh, and the salsa recipe is real. It isn't spicy, it is meant for roasted meats, like tongue or birria.

Take Mujer's Head, place in roasting pan. Season with a little salt.
Cover. Put in 350 degree oven, and roast for at least 5-6 hours.

When it is done, take it out of the oven. Make Mexican Rice.

Also, make the following salsa:
  • 4 large tomatoes
  • Those little yellow chile peppers that you get in a jar with vinegar (and often get at hamburger joints).
  • cumin
  • oregano
  • 2 cloves
  • black pepper
  • salt
Boil the tomatoes, When they are done, peel them, and throw them in the blender with 3 little yellow chiles, a splash of the vinegar, a pinch of cumin, the 2 cloves, a large pinch of oregano and black pepper and salt to taste. If it is too thick, add a bit of the water you boiled them in.

Heat some corn tortillas, and make tacos. You may want to garnish with a little chopped cilantro.

3 comments:

ChickenGrrl said...

Not being an actual Hizzizen (just a hanger-on/wannabe and fan of y'all's recipes), I'm dying to know why Mujer's Head needs roasting. And just how is the Head prepared when it is done?

And dare I ask what "ToE" stands for?

The Hizzy said...

Cheers, chickengrrl, this is Britomart. Before I answer your question, I must first compliment you on your fantastic user name! Hee!

I don't even remember why we decided to roast mujer's head. I can only be certain that she deserves it.

The ToE is the "Trinity of Evil" - soon after getting the forums, we created a religion around House. It, erm, made sense at the time? deekay, mujer & I make up the ToE.

If you're a fan of our recipes, might you have some of your own? No obligation, of course, but if you've hung in the Hizzy at all, you know how insane I am about requesting recipes!

ChickenGrrl said...

Thanks, Britomart! I have actually sent recipes to bibliosylph (which is how I know about this place in the first place), but since I hadn't tried them, that's probably why she didn't post them. I'm sort of a wanna-be chef; I almost never make anything complicated!

Since I don't watch House (I KNOW, I KNOW), I don't hang even in the Hizzy, although sometimes I feel I should. Y'all are certainly a unique bunch! Hard to imagine that there's an area of TWoP that's even more literate and articulate than the rest.

Thanks for the props; I've been ChickenGrrl forever. It's my handle at TWoP too, so if you ever see me, please say hi!

Now I need to see if I can find a vegetarian translation of Roast Mujer's Head...