Monday, October 17, 2005

Britomart's Vegetarian/Vegan Filet Mignon (for Wednez)

Okay, I think I'm cheating with this one - it hardly counts as a real recipe. Being the senile idiot that I am (DumbBrunette & Elen will both happily attest to this), there's another recipe I thought of earlier that qualifies as vegan & I just can't remember. And it's killing me. I used to make this for a good vegetarian friend of mine, though. I'll also post my wasabi-vinagrette salad I'd often serve with this.

Anyway, portabella mushrooms are so rich & succulent, I know people who hate mushrooms, but love these. They are a marvel in their own right.
  • Large portabella mushrooms, cleaned & de-stemmed
  • Olive oil
  • Dried rosemary
  • Dried thyme
Generously rub top & bottom of mushrooms with olive oil & then generously coat with rosemary & thyme. Grilling is ideal, but you can also use a toaster oven or your oven's broiler. You want to cook a couple minutes each side, until tender when stabbed with a fork.

Serve with bread - these will actually produce juices (just like real filet mignon!) that are delicious sopped up with bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely recipes you have here. I'm about to try this vegan fillet mignon. I can't wait to try!